traffic analysis

Sunday, August 2, 2009

TOTI & DAVID (The Blogcom 8)


E-POSTSODE 8: BLESS THE BEASTS AND THE CHILDREN

INT / DAY / LIVING ROOM

(The doorbell rings, David goes to open door and sees their new neighbor, a young girl, by the door, she has a package with her...)

KIM
Hi mister! May I come and play with your dogs?

DAVID
Why sure, come in, and please call me David. And what is your name young lady?

KIM
I'm Kim. We just moved in next door. My mom says I should give you these if I want to be your friends... (she hands him the small box)

DAVID
Oh thank you very much... tell your mom it is us who should give you something to welcome all of you in the neighborhood...

(Toti who has just woken up enters...)

TOTI
We have a guest... how charming...

DAVID

Toti, this is Kim... our new neighbor... she's come to play with the dogs and has brought something specially for you, so why don't you be a darling yourself and get her some juice and cookies... Kim, this is Toti... um, my friend...

KIM
(patting the dogs on their heads) Are your dogs gay too?

DAVID
Um, Kim... no they're not... Pacquiao here is male and Imelda is female...

TOTI
And Imelda has got taste, Kim... by the way how old are you?

KIM
I'm four (raising four fingers on her left hand)...

TOTI
Alam ba ng magulang mo na andito ka? (Do your parents know you're here?)

KIM
I don't speak Tagalog. I only speak English and Cebuano...

TOTI
Oh, I'm so sorry, Miss... I asked, do your parents know that you're here?

KIM
My mom knows I would come today... I told her I wanted to play with your dogs... they don't want to buy me a dog... my stepfather says I'm still too young to take care of one...

TOTI
Stepfather...?! Come sit down and have breakfast with me and tell me all about, um, your family...

DAVID
Toti...

KIM
Hans is German... he met my mom in Cebu... but now that they're married we had to move here to Manila because Hans owns a company here...

TOTI
When did they get married? David, East meets West... How nice... how sweet... I loooove love stories...

KIM
The wedding was two days ago... I was flower girl but I really wanted to be the one holding the rings and giving it to them. Why do the boys get to do all the fun stuff?

DAVID
Two days ago? So they must be on honeymoon now? Who is left with you at home?

KIM
Oh no, my mom was brought to the hospital last night... my yaya (nanny) is with me...

DAVID
Hospital? What happened?

TOTI
Was it an emergency?

KIM
I don't know... I don't think so...she seemed ok...

DAVID
Must be the stress from wedding preparations and then moving in to your new apartment and all that...

KIM
Yeah... maybe... last night at the hospital Mom told me to give you the dried mangoes when I come over and to be a good girl, that's all... and to go home when you guys tell me to... and that I shouldn't bother you...

DAVID
Kim, Darling, you can play as long as you want with the dogs... right, Toti?

TOTI
Hmmm...yeah, sure... so, it's Hans who's staying with your mom in the hospital?

KIM
Yes... but they'll be back tonight... can you open the box I gave you now, I'd like to have some of the dried mangoes...

DAVID
Oh sure... you really didn't have to bring some you know... when your parents arrive, tell them Toti and I would like to meet them... maybe we all can have dinner here someday... Toti, don't you think that's a good idea?

TOTI
You cook... you cook for Smarty-Pants, Miss Cebu, and Hansolo The Hun...

KIM
Okay, David, I'll tell them... (She plays with the dogs. After a few minutes...) um, David... what is the meaning of 'post-coital laceration'?

TOTI & DAVID
(In shock) HUHHHHHH...

KIM
(she just shrugs then continues to play with the dogs) Manggawas ta magdula sa gawas... (come let's play outside)






No comments:

Post a Comment