traffic analysis

Friday, January 21, 2011

I WILL NEVER EAT IN CHOWKING AGAIN!!!

After an exhausting day, I go to Chowking along JP Rizal Street corner Reposo in the hopes of getting a satisfying, warm, quick meal. And so I order Chicken Noodle Soup, 3 Pieces Shanghai Lumpia and Regular Iced Tea. The girl by the cash register said Iced Tea would be 'automatic pong large' -- I did not bother to ask why.


I pay and she gives my Iced Tea and a number corresponding to my order. I take my seat after about two or three minutes, the Shanghai Lumpia arrives. After I pour the sweet & sour sauce over the Lumpia, I receive a text message on my cellphone and I promptly reply. The time on my phone registers 6:15pm. The Shanghai Lumpia is eaten in less than 5 minutes. More text messages come and I reply to them.


By 6:26 -- my Chicken Noodle Soup hasn't arrived yet. My stomach still grumbling from hunger pangs which the Lumpia failed to sate. Did I mention that the Lumpia tasted rancid? I put it at the back of my mind because I was really hungry.


By 6:30 I am starting to get pissed. My face getting redder with anger and hunger and frustration. I mean, I rarely eat in fastfood joints, tonight was an exception because I was really hungry. 


At exactly 6:35pm --20 minutes after I replied to that first text message when I sat down -- I decide to stand up, bring my half filled glass of Iced Tea, my receipt and the Number they gave me and go towards same girl at cash register. My voice almost cracking, but I did control my temper, I told her: "Miss, it's been 20 minutes since I gave my order, you should've told me it was going to take this long then I would've ordered something else, I am sooooo hungry..." I then put my glass down in front of her, along with the number and my receipt and continue, "...but never mind, I am NEVER (with matching hand gesture) EVER going to eat here again.


She looks at me, gets my receipt, the other girls behind the counter go near her and look at my receipt, they whisper something like "Ano ba ang in-order nya, blah, blah, blah..." and then, nothing! Did they try to appease me? No. Did they tell me that my order will be coming out soon? No. Did they check with the kitchen? No. Did they offer to reimburse me? No. Were they busy? No, the place was half-filled to think it was dinner time.


I walk out. Proceed to this internet cafe.


New Year's resolution come February 3, the Chinese New Year: I WILL NEVER EAT IN ANY CHOWKING, JOLLIBEE, RED RIBBON, MANG INASAL OR ANY FASTFOOD JOINT TONY TAN CAKTIONG GOBBLES UP!


And to think I was very patient with those Binondo Chinese the past two days while sourcing props for an upcoming event, despite their condescension towards me! 

1 comment: